Wednesday 14 September 2016

Rivers of blood in Bangladesh capital 'Dhaka'




After the Islamic festival Eld al-Adha in Dhaka, there has been rivers of blood in the streets.

According to The Guardian, the authorities in Dhaka said they had established hundreds of designated spots for the festival, to make it easier to clean away blood and animal carcasses. But local media said the people didn't follow them


Atish Saha, a Dhaka based artist said:

“I felt I was walking through a post-apocalyptic neighbourhood. To be honest, I was scared. It was an image of mass violence that shouldn’t ever be experienced. Particularly jarring was said to be the sight of families, including infants, wading into the flood in celebratory “Eid day” moods. “It made me speechless,”

Saha said the ritual slaughter was continuing in parts of the city on Wednesday.The waters had mostly receded by the morning but bitumen and dirt roads still had a reddish hue and were littered with animal entrails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for choosing this blog and please, do remember to drop your comments.I would love to see them.

I LOVE YOU PLENTY!!!